Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chapter LXXVII: Missed Connections

Image of the Day: Completely Unrelated to the PostI went to Bali's Frozen Yogurt last night to get some creamy goodness. My usual selection is vanilla, with a spray of pokies on top (pokies are offbrand m&m's), and a morsel of fudge brownie.

I almost forgot the brownie last night, and only remembered after the line had already moved past it. I had to turn around and lean across two girls scooping skittles and gummy bears, respectively, in order to grasp the claw thingy that would enable me to acquire some of the gooey precious. Reaching out with my arm caused the back of my shirt to ride up slightly, and I think I might have mooned half the store since my jeans are a little low and I didn't have underwear on (it was laundry day). Oops.

I got my fudge brownie though, and really, that's the important thing. The line moved forward and the generically good-looking guy in front of me put his cup on the scale while I glanced at his calves. Nice. "Two forty-four," stated the wiry bald man behind the counter, with a dragon tattoo on his forearm. The guy with nice calves paid with a five, got change, and left. And then it was my turn.
"Two forty-four," stated the wiry bald man behind the counter (with a dragon tattoo on his forearm).

"Huh?" I thought. "But didn't that guy just..." Yes, he did. As it turned out, our orders both weighed exactly 9.76 oz. So that was kind of nifty.

In the end, an unremarkable incident--coincidences happen every day--but it reminded me of the silly things people write in the Missed Connections section of Craig's List. I was picturing it while I walked home today.

----
YOU: Guy at Bali's on Tuesday night. Brown AE polo with white stripes, cargo shorts, flip-flops, nice calves. You got lemon yogurt with Oreo bits and chocolate sprinkles and it came out to $2.44.

I was standing behind you in line.
You might have seen my ass. I got vanilla with pokies and a morsel of fudge brownie and it was exactly $2.44 also. Crazy, huh?

Anyways, you're cute. Let's go for yogurt sometime.
----
Then I thought about it some more. Lemon yogurt with Oreo and chocolate sprinkles? That sounds disgusting.

No comments: