Saturday, August 20, 2005

Chapter I: The Beginning of the End

I know what you're thinking...you are weary of seeing yet another blog link in yet another another AIM profile. "How will this one die?" you cynically wonder to yourself. There are so many ways.

Scenario A: I could be one of those people that writes long detailed recapitulations of my daily activities for about a week, and then suddenly lose interest. The blog will lose its AIM profile link and never be heard from again.

Scenario B: The fade-out will be more gradual. Entries become infrequent and less detailed, although not necessarily shorter as I begin replacing actual content with cut-and-pasted song lyrics. Perhaps after six months, I will simply forget the blog exists.

Scenario C: Miscellaneous (what insurance companies refer to as "an act of God")
Subsection i: The server mysteriously crashes and all data is rendered irretrievable.
Subsection ii: I am abducted by Martians that don't have Internet access.

Scenario D: I never actually stop writing entries, but after a while, they're all pretty much the same and completely devoid of interest. I know nobody reads them, but update out of habit. It's like the blog version of the Flying Dutchman, drifting through time; a ghost of itself.


Which will it be? This thing was created on a whim, so I'm guessing it'll die the same way, but who knows...

A final question: Do all blogs go the heaven?

P.S. Scratch the final question, that was stupid.

No comments: