Monday, April 10, 2006

Chapter XXXIV: I Have Alzheimer's

At 10:50, I decided I wanted to go to the gym, which closes at 12:00, for a quick spin on the treadmill. So I left my room and walked about a quarter of a mile before I realized I didn't have my mp3 player. I walked back to my room, where I found a flyer hanging on my door about Sock Puppet night in the Community Center. Basically, you design a sock puppet (they provide socks) and if you make the best one you get a gift certificate for some iTunes.

I go inside, discuss sock puppet strategy with my roommate, and drink a cup of orange juice. Then, I leave again, only to remember a minute later why I had gone back at all. So I go back in...get my mp3 player, and walk the entire three-quarters of a mile down to the gym. Only to realize that I forgot my ID card, which I need to get through the turnstile. And now it's 11:30 and too late to go back. Damn.

However, I only locked myself out of my room five times this year, compared to nine last year. Eleven if you count the two times I spent several minutes trying to unlock a door to the wrong building.

On the other hand, three times this year I've ordered food I couldn't pay for because I forgot my wallet, and that only happened once last year.

Quote of the Day:
"God wants me to eat pepper tonight." - Quinn Wong, after accidentally spilling pepper three feet from the kitchen cabinet onto his unholy concoction of steamed rice, butter, and soy sauce. It landed in a perfectly even spray over his plate and not a speck elsewhere.

No comments: