Saturday, May 06, 2006

Chapter XL: Extra Large

Image of the Day: Glass Sculpture in the University Art Gallery

I am always mildly amused when acronyms have more than one meaning... for example, XL means 40, as well as extra large.

Also, whenever there's something in the news about African rebel groups using RPGs against the government forces, I chuckle--not because I enjoy ethnic conflict, but at the idea of Role Playing Games being lethal weapons. It also seems strange to me that Libertarians get so riled up about labor unions and corporations donating ever larger amounts of money to PACs. I mean, this country is uncultured enough as it is, Performing Arts Centers can use all the funds they can get. And finally, I found it hilarious when the Irish Republican Army laid down their wea
pons and transformed into a tax-deferred retirement plan.

In an ironic twist, this post will be not be very large at all.

1 comment:

Trebor Nevals said...

Ahhh... the inherant contradiction required for true irony. That's completely ... well, good, but using a fancier term. Yeah. That's it.