Sunday, May 14, 2006

Chapter XLIII: I'm Gay

Image of the Day: I Heart Boys
I guess I wouldn't want anyone to think that it was a sudden revelation, like I woke up this morning and a rainbow colored lightbulb flickered on over my head. I've more or less known I was gay since 7th grade.

On the other hand, there is a certain concreteness in putting down "I'm Gay" in writing and addressing it (theoretically) to the entire universe. It's more symbolic than anything, since most people in Real Life already know, and those who don't don't read this blog.

It would be dramatic for me to say that this blog post is the culmination of a seven year process of self-discovery, but it's really not. This is merely an affirmation, to myself, and an acknowledgement that I'm ready to be more open with my sexuality.

[Update] Unexpectedly, this has become the most read post. I feel like I should put something profound here, but there's really nothing to add.