Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Chapter LXVI: Self-Indulgence

"Everywhere I see bliss, from which I am irrevocably excluded," lamented Frankenstein's monster, but he's got nothing on me. I've had a terrible week--well, more like a terrible Monday/Tuesday. A total of five essay swere due, on disparate topics: the Rwandan genocide, the Argentine currency crisis, the economics of cocaine in Bolivia, Dubliners by James Joyce, and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Not exactly lots of research synergies. Also, I had two Midterms and a grueling ARCE Final which was from 7-9 at night.

It was nucking futs...I didn't have time to sleep, shower
, or go to the gym at all. I also didn't eat anything on Monday, but on Tuesday I bought 15.4 oz of plain M&Ms and nibbled on them all day. A pound of chocolate probably wasn't a good idea in my sleepless, unwashed state, but I'm sure you'll forgive me for not being able to think straight.

BUT! Everything went swimmingly. I sweated out five kickass essays and aced the test
s (more or less), and it's clear sailing for here on out. Really, it's a wonderful feeling.

On Sunday, I told myself that if I was able to pull it off I would have to reward myself somehow... Actually, I knew exactly how I would reward myself. It's a little embarrassing, but I'm addicted to t-shirts. Not clothes in general, just tees. I used to buy copious amounts of them, but not so much anymore. Except today. In recognition of my accomplishment this week, I bought some t-shirts online. Close-ups of the designs are below. You can test your Googling skillz by trying to find the sites (4 in all) where I got them.













No comments: